Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Weekly Drawing: Week 6 - Memory

   
    Our weekly drawing was to draw something from a memory having to do with our house. This is from a memory from 10 years ago when my cousins came over to watch The Man From Snowy River. We had a sunflower tablecloth and ate mac n cheese with ketchup. I like how the window turned out, but as for the others, it was hard to get them right because I had no reference image. I just had to go off my memory as an 8 year old.
Title: Retro
Size: 8.5" x 11"
Media: Pencil and colored pencils
This artwork portrays to me the fondness a memory creates, and the longer it stays a memory, the more unclear and open-for-interpretation it becomes.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like the comfiest couch! You could probably have used more depth and shadow, but overall a nice picture! I'd give it a 4.3 out of 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! 4.3 out of 5 isn't bad at all :P Yes, it is very comfy. :)

      Delete