Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week 7: Earth Art

   I had way too much fun with this assignment. Just putting that out there before we go any further! I had so many ideas! The more I created, the more ideas I had and the more I just wanted to explore and see what I could put together. It is amazing how beautiful the earth is if you just look at it. :)

    So these first few photos are the project that I'm turning in for the grade, but the other three that I'm going to include are just as cool, I think, so it was difficult to choose which one to turn in. 
Title: Untitled
Size: About 3" x 4.5"
Media: Red bark, a rose, and a big rock
This earth art portrays to me the beauty and harmony that elements can create when they come together.






This next picture was just one of those times where you put one and one together and it ends up looking awesome. 
Title: Untitled
Size: About 2.5" x 1"
Media: Red bark, a feather, and a big rock
This earth art portrays to me the stunning beauty of simplicity.



This one was the first one I created. I liked it a lot, but it just didn't seem to be what I wanted. It wasn't quite complete, but it still looked incredible.
Title: Untitled
Size: About 13" x 8"
Media: Maples leaves of three colors, red bark, white berries and gravel
This artwork portrays to me a succession and a smooth transition of the seasons.



And this final one is the second one I created. It seemed to be more of a sculpture, and I originally wanted to create a sculpture, but the things I came up with first were more better I guess.
Title: Untitled
Size: 2.5' x 2'
Media: Catalpa leaves, yellow maple leaves, pink flowering pear leaves, pine needle strands and red bark
This earth art portrays to me a rainbow, a symbol of good things to come. :)




Finally, (no, we're not done yet!) this is a video I put together of all the earth art I created today. I make videos for our company and it's something I really enjoy doing, so naturally I couldn't turn down such a great opportunity. So here it is, enjoy! Thanks for sticking around to the end. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment