Friday, October 5, 2012

Week 6: Logo Art





So this is what I came up with for this week's create logo project! Musical Sounds is a fictional organization of some kind. :) The above pictures are my final product, but I included two of my discarded ideas below because I liked them, just not enough to go forward with them. There is definitely room for improvement and, of course, as soon as I upload it, I notice all the little things wrong with it...It might look extremely generic at first glance, but it also might be a little hard to spot where the letters are! I love how the black paint makes it looks satiny.

Title: Musical Sounds Logo
Size: 7" x 4"
Media: Black watercolor paint





Here is a version of my final project in color. I like the colorful and whimsical look of this one, but to me it didn't seem to use negative space as effectively as the first one, which was the idea of the project so...I did like how this one turned out though so I included it. This was done with watercolor paints and is 8" x 3.5".



     So this above picture was my first idea. It was supposed to be a hand holding a shining musical "sound," but no matter how hard I tried, I could not recreate it satisfactorily large-scale, so I just took a picture of the tiny one that I sketched first. The reason I liked this design was because of the way the M and S made up the shape of the hand. :) This was done with a pencil and is about 1" x 2".








5 comments:

  1. I really like the picture, there is something about it that makes it so interesting. Nice work with negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you got the final art piece from the idea you had in the beginning! It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this -- my favorite is the version in color -- I love how the blue fades out of the heart -- but that it doesn't lose it's shape. It's just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete